I have set my TBR at 50 books for 2021.
The reason for this was based on math and stats from my 2020 reading, along with what I project I will want to read in the new year, but also in trying to limit my reading. Yes, you read that correctly! I am trying to cut back on time spent reading and obsessing over books so I can replace that time spent with learning coding/Python and just doing other things in general. Listening to music, going on more bike rides, whatever!
So how did I arrive at 50 books?
Breakdown on how I got that number:
8 releasing in 2021
ARCs this year were 30, but I want to request less in 2021. Probably around 10 total.
That brings us to 39. Then I being the eternal optimist that I am am still including my 3 Wish they Would Release options, bringing the count then to 42 if those were to release.
There are also 2 Untitled as of now books that may or may not release in 2021, that are included in my list, so I suppose if all of my hope releases do get released that would bring my count to 44.
Regardless, I always like to leave wiggle room for new-to-me books that I may not know of yet and/or books that are sequels to books already on my projected TBR list (I didn’t want to include them on the original list because I may or may not want to continue a series based upon my enjoyment of the first book in that series).
Then again, I may not read any of the backlist ones listed here and instead read *other* backlisted titles. Just because I can. Still my game, still my rules. That’s the best part of reading for pleasure. You can pleasure yourself however you like; er, yeah. Keeping that joke here because I still think it’s funny.
The following, for those who happen to be curious and have voyeuristic tendencies, is my TBR list for now that I am hoping to get to in the new year. (Even though they are numbered, these are in no particular order.)
2021 PROJECTED TBR:
Releasing in 2021:
8. The Infinity Courts (The Infinity Courts, #1)
Bowman, Akemi Dawn
7. All’s Well
6. You Love Me (You, #3)
5. Reign (Stormheart, #3)
4. Anna K: Away (Anna K, #2)
3. The Righteous (The Beautiful #3)
2. Such a Quiet Place
1. Malibu Rising
Reid, Taylor Jenkins
“I wish they would release”:
3. A Dream of Spring (A Song of Ice and Fire, #7)
Martin, George R.R.
2. The Winds of Winter (A Song of Ice and Fire, #6)
Martin, George R.R.
1. Doors of Stone (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #3)
21. Last Tang Standing
20. The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
Adams, Lyssa Kay
19. The Nakano Thrift Shop
18. Trail of Lightning (The Sixth World, #1)
17.The Hidden Meaning of Birds
16. The Dinner List
15. The Good News About What’s Bad for You
14. Falling for the Innkeeper
12. The Assistants
11. Through the White Wood
10. The Book of Jezebel
9. Bear Town
8. How to Be Lovely: The Audrey Hepburn Way of Life
7. Classic Style
6. Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
5. American Gods (American Gods, #1)
4. Belinda Blake and the Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing (Exotic Pet-Sitter #2)
Gilbert, Heather Day
3. The Surprising Power of a Good Dumpling
1. Monstress, Vol. 5: Warchild (Monstress #5)
Liu, Marjorie M.